Thursday, August 9, 2012

Amazing Spiderman 531

 As is my wont, I would pick up a current issue of  a book and do pages I picked up Amazing Spiderman 531.  The pages I decided to draw had several interesting features -- although I didn't know it at the time this was the beginning of Marvel's Civil War.  The Titanium Man played sniper, which I thought was silly considering the array of weapons at his disposal, also I couldn't imagine how he would use a standard rifle.  Spiderman had a new costume. And the pages I chose took place on the steps of Congress.  Lots of interesting stuff to draw and I overworked it, too much research, too many photo references, by the time I finished my sample it was too old (in my mind) to send to editors.  So some pages have more layout details than other pages.  I redesigned The Titanium Man's armor, created a shooting gadget for his sniper moment, and went nuts on Congress -- number of steps in front....



No comments:

Post a Comment